Learn more about how to keep your teeth and gums healthy
Maintenance of healthy teeth, gums and fresh breath is simple if it is done regularly by using good home techniques and at least 2 visits a year to Pymble Medical & Dental Centre. We can then identify any changes to your teeth or gums and pick up any potential concerns before they have a chance to develop.
Basics of Good Dental Hygiene
- Brush your teeth after every meal with fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush for at least two or three minutes every time.
- Replace your toothbrush every three months and after being sick.
- Floss between your teeth at least once a day. Using inter-dental cleaners or dental floss once a day removes food debris and plaque build-up between teeth in areas where a toothbrush is unable to reach.
- Make an appointment with us at least twice a year. These thorough check-ups and professional cleanings lend the way to discovering oral health issues such as tooth decay, gum disease or oral cancer in their early stages, before they can progress further.
- A healthy, balanced diet is important. Avoid between-meal snacks that are high in sugar or are acidic, as they attack the enamel on the teeth and lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Do not smoke.
Click on the following to learn more about how you can keep your teeth and gums healthy: